Thursday, April 4, 2019

Jason Gunn comes to Gilby

Te Ropu Ngakaunui and Te Ropu Maia have been learning the song My Hometown by Jason Gunn for assembly. We thought we would contact Jason and see if he wanted to come down and watch our performance. Unfortunately he was at the vigil at Hagley Park the same time assembly was on! This was ok though because he sent us a video to share at assembly instead.. click on the pic below for a link to our special video.


Jason came and visited us at school on Tuesday Morning. He walked in the door and said "Can I ask you a silly question? Would you guys like to be on the radio??!" 
We performed our song and it was recorded to be put on More FM later that day. We did a fantastic job and brought Jason close to tears. He was with us for 45 minutes and talked to us all about what we want to be when we grow up. We had such a great time, what a cool guys!

We loved hearing ourselves on the radio, thanks for coming Jason!
Happy/starstruck faces


7 comments:

  1. Kia ora Ngakaunui it is Lacie here it looks you guy had a fun morning with Jason Gunn his song hometown is an emotionial but at the same is nice. blog you later

    ReplyDelete
  2. i needed to go toilet when he got to our school i think it was cause i was nervous i was smiling my mouth off

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so surprised when I saw Jason gunn I love that we took a picture to reminding us when we saw Jason gunn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi its Jonte here i would like to say i like that day because it was awesome good by

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kia ora, Miss Johnstone, Courtney here.
    I just want to say that you guys are soooo lucky to meet Jason Gunn and to sing his song he made to him.
    If you had the chance to meet him again would you???
    That's all from me, blog you later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kia ora it's Nikau again.I when he came last year and we sang my hometown i didn't get to hear myself on radio but It was still awesome hopefully we could see him again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi it is Robert I like to say because it is Beutiful goodby Everyone.

    ReplyDelete